Residential and commercial customers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania can lower the cost of many services that Princeton Air offers thanks to incentives including rebates and tax credits offered by federal, state, and local utility company programs, as well as low-interest financing opportunities and on-bill-repayment (OBR) options!
Below you can find an overview of the different programs available. Because incentive programs are often changing, the best way for you to find out exactly how much you qualify for is to give our team a call. We’re happy to provide you with more information on how these programs work and what your total estimated savings could be.
Energy Efficient Home Improvement Tax Credits
When the Inflation Reduction Act was passed into law in 2022, it included updates to the 25C tax credit, which is now known as the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit. It allows homeowners to take a tax credit up to 30%, with an annual cap of $3,200, on a variety of home improvement upgrades, including:
- Ducted heat pumps and ductless mini splits
- Heat pump water heaters
- High-efficiency furnaces, boilers, and central air conditioners
- High-efficiency water heaters
- Insulation and air sealing
- Energy audits
- Electrical panel upgrades
- And more
Read more about the details of this tax credit, including individual caps for specific services, and other related energy efficiency incentives on our Inflation Reduction Act incentive page.
Residential Clean Energy Tax Credit for Geothermal Heat Pumps
A separate 30% federal tax credit is also available for geothermal energy systems. This tax credit has no cap, and unlike the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit, you can roll over any unused credit balance to the following year. It offers many thousands of dollars in savings that help homeowners upgrade to one of the most efficient and long-lasting heating and cooling systems available today.
Residential Rebates & Financing Through Your Local Utility
We have partnered with local utility companies to provide incentives including financing and rebates to customers interested in energy efficiency upgrades for their homes. We even help with paperwork for any utility company to make sure that you are getting the best price for any equipment we install. Plus, we are the only contractor that guarantees your rebate payments!
Today, most of New Jersey’s rebate and financing programs are run directly by the state’s electric and gas utilities. In Princeton Air’s service area, those utilities include:
- PSE&G Residential Incentives
- Jersey Central Light & Power Residential Incentives
- Jersey Central Light & Power - NEIF Financing
- Elizabethtown Gas Residential Incentives
- New Jersey Natural Gas Residential Incentives
The area we serve in Bucks County, Pennsylvania is serviced by:
The rebate and incentive amounts can vary depending on the utility, but in many instances you can expect:
- Rebates on appliances and HVAC equipment ranging from $100 to $1,000 or more
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program, with rebates of up to $5,000
- 0% interest On-Bill Repayment Program (OBR) financing
- Higher incentive offerings for low and moderate income households
Services and appliances that commonly qualify for these utility incentive programs include:
- Heating and cooling installation
- Ducted heat pumps
- Ductless mini splits
- Geothermal heat pumps
- Central air conditioning
- Insulation, air sealing, and other home performance upgrades and services
- Energy audits
- Hot water heaters
- Smart thermostats
- And more
To find out which rebates you qualify for and how much you stand to save, reach out to the Princeton Air team.
Commercial Rebates & Incentives
The same New Jersey and Pennsylvania utility companies in our service area that help homeowners save money also offer incentives for businesses and organizations making energy efficiency upgrades to commercial buildings, including rebates as well as low or no-cost financing.
- PSE&G Commercial Incentives
- Jersey Central Light & Power Commercial Incentives
- Elizabethtown Gas Commercial Incentives
- New Jersey Natural Gas Commercial Incentives
- PECO Commercial Incentives
Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Deduction
There is also a recently updated tax deduction incentive under Section 179D of the tax code for energy efficiency upgrades in commercial buildings, covering services in the following categories:
Manufacturer Rebate Promotions
For limited periods throughout the year, trusted manufacturers that Princeton Air works with may offer promotions that include additional rebates for specific equipment purchases. Please visit our Special Offers page for all currently available promotions, and reach out to our team for complete eligibility requirements.
Visit Our Promotions Page
* All Special Payment options are subject to credit approval by the lending agencies themselves; Princeton Air has no control over, or involvement in, the credit approval process.
We know that most people don't have a "rainy day fund" large enough to purchase a new HVAC system, and the few who do weren't necessarily planning on investing it on a new comfort system. That’s why we offer financing options.
On-Bill Repayment Programs
Instead of working with a private lender to finance your home improvement project, many of our New Jersey customers can qualify for an on-bill-repayment program directly through your utility. This financing option is often 0% interest, and simply shows up as an additional line item on your monthly bill!
Princeton Air has established relationships with several lending agencies so we can offer multiple payment options for our customers to benefit from, including:
Buy today, pay over time with the Wells Fargo Home Projects credit card, issued with an approved credit card by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. an Equal Housing Lender
Choose from the following options:
- 0% APR for 24 months1
- 9.99% APR with 96 equal monthly payments.2
- Minimum purchase of $10,000 required. No interest if paid in full within 12 months. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the purchase balance is not paid in full within the promotional period.3